Work Injury Bibb County Do I need a Lawyer

Every day in Bibb County* Alabama, someone suffers some type of work injury; while most of the incidents are minor in nature and require only one or two visits to the workers' compensation physician, it is not always easy to tell whether an injury is merely a sprained muscle or something which will require surgery. What you do immediately following any work injury could have long lasting results on you and any potential workers' compensation claim. With this in mind, in the next few blogs, we will be discussing one of the most asked questions we hear from injured workers-do I need a lawyer.

NOTICE: If you believe that you have suffered a work injury, please be sure to report said injury as soon as possible-even if you do not believe it is serious. Often an injured worker is not sure if they have suffered a serious injury or just a sprain, so they do not report the injury at first, but only later file a workers' compensation injury report when their pain refuses to go away. We have spoken to numerous people throughout Alabama who have called our office after being informed by workers comp or their employer that they had waited too long to report/give notice of their job injury and therefore they are not entitled to any workers' compensation benefits. This is rarely true.

While it is true that according to Ala.Code ยง25-5-78, an injured workers is supposed to provide written notice of a workplace injury within 5 days of the on-the-job injury, but this section goes on to state that, in Alabama, a worker has up to 90 days in which to inform his employer about a work injury. An oral report is just as valid a notice means as a detailed written report.

Company policy cannot override law, so if your employer states that " policy mandates that all workers' compensation injuries be reported within 2 days of the occurrence of a work injury and since you did not do so you are not eligible for workers' compensation benefits " (which several injured workers have called to tell us over the years)-they are lying to you. Having stated this, it is always best to report a potential job injury as soon as possible.

If you live in Woodstock, Brent or anywhere in Bibb County, Alabama, and have suffered a job related injury, but you have been informed that liability has been denied, don't give up. Call an experienced Alabama Work Injury Lawyer at Powell and Denny

Powell and Denny: We Work When You Can't.

Offices in Birmingham, Alabama and Huntsville, AL

* Includes the cities, towns and communities of: Brent, Centreville, Vance, West Blocton, Woodstock, Brierfield, Greenpond, Lawley, Randolph.

Work Injury Bibb County Do I need a Lawyer